Beef Con Queso
Click here to return to the Appetizers And Snacks-Dips page
Recipe and photo used with permission by the Texas Beef Council. For more beef information and recipes visit www.txbeef.org.
- 1 lb. boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into 3/8-inch cubes or 1 lb. ground beef, cooked and drained
- or 12 oz. fully cooked shredded beef
- or 1 fully cooked beef pot roast, gravy removed, shredded
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 can Rotel diced tomatoes & green chilies
- 1 cup milk
- 2 lbs. Velveeta cheese spread, cubed or shredded
- Brown beef cubes in skillet over medium-high heat until no longer pink.
- or Heat fully cooked beef according to package directions.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, combine salsa, Rotel, milk and cheese. Heat on HIGH 1-2 minutes, stir and repeat until cheese is melted.
- Add beef to cheese mixture.
- Serve piping hot in a small crock.