Peruvian Grilled Chicken Thighs With Tomato-Cilantro Sauce
Click here to return to the Entrées-Poultry page
Recipe and photo used with permission by the National Chicken Council. For more chicken information and recipes visit www.nationalchickenmonth.com.
- 8 chicken thighs, bone in (with or without skin), about 2 1/2 pounds
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and sliced to garnish
- 2 cups white rice (optional), cooked
- Sour Cream, about 4 tablespoons
- Sauce (see below for prep)
- 2 ripe tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 small red onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 7-ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare the coals for the grill or preheat the broiler.
- In a small bowl, mix together the coriander, cayenne and salt. Rub the chicken thighs with the spice mixture.
- Grill the chicken until it is nicely charred all over and the internal temperature is 160° F. when tested with a thermometer .
- SAUCE: While the chicken is cooking, prepare the sauce. Put all the sauce ingredients into a blender or food processor and process until smooth. Adjust seasoning and set aside.
- To serve, spoon a bed of rice onto each of 4 plates, divide the sauce among them, arrange chicken thighs on top of the sauce and garnish with avocado slices and dollops of sour cream.