Semi-Boneless Leg Of Lamb
Click here to return to the Holidays-Easter page
- 1 leg of lamb (about 5 lbs)
- 3 garlic cloves, slivered
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried rosemary or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons some fresh sprigs rosemary
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons black pepper, coarsely ground
- coarse salt
- Remove lamb from refrigerator 1 hour before roasting.
- Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Make small slits just large enough for garlic slivers evenly in the leg of lamb, and insert the garlic slivers.
- Rub all over with lemon juice, then pat the rosemary and black pepper evenly over the surface. Sprinkle with salt to taste. If you're using fresh rosemary, just insert the sprigs with the garlic slivers into the cuts you made.
- Place lamb, fat side up on a rack in an uncovered pan.
- Roast as follows: Rare: 125°F (about 15 minutes per pound), Medium‐Rare: 130°F to 135°F (about 20 minutes per pound), Medium: 135°F to 140°F (about 25 minutes per pound), Well‐Done: 155°F to 165°F (about 30 minutes per pound)
- When done, remove from oven, cover the roast in foil and allow it to rest for 20 minutes before carving.